Learn more about how we minimize the spread of infection and the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Our office has always adhered to universal standards outlined by the CDC and we’ve now aligned our office with the new recommended standards related to COVID-19. As you will see when you visit we have been working very hard making changes to keep you safe while still providing the friendliest, highest quality gentle dentistry in Central Oregon.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see to ensure your safety:
- Increased PPE – including KN95 makes, face shields and gowns worn by all clinical staff. (You will still get to see Jennie’s smiling face when you arrive!)
- Patient screenings – pre-op questions and you’ll have your temperature taken with a forehead infra-red thermometer before taken into the clinical area.
- More frequent disinfection of all surfaces
- We’ve removed all the fabric chairs, sofas, magazines and children’s toys from the reception area. We will have a few spaced out easy to clean chairs.
- Social distancing – we will stagger appointments more to minimize any crowding. We ask that you text or call when you arrive in the parking lot. Jennie will text you when the clinical team or hygienist is ready to seat you for your appointment.
We have made a lot of positive changes to our safety protocols and perhaps the most important improvement we made is how we will handle aerosols in our office. We are proud and excited about what we will be doing to reduce and minimize aerosols over 90%!
- We are installing new technology – high vacuum adapters in very operatory. These enable us to place a comfortable high volume suction inside your mouth to continually remove any aerosols at the source and keep you, our team and other patients safe.
- We are also upgrading our air purification system to a medical grade level that is appropriate for the COVID-19 particle size to safely purify the air in the entire office.
It has been an unsettling unprecedented time for all of us. Your safety and our team’s safety is paramount as we reopen and hopefully we’ll establish some normalcy in our lives as we get back to taking care of all of you in a loving manner. Despite all of our new protocols and cute outfits we’ll be wearing you should expect the same fun, friendly energetic team you have come to trust and love.
We look forward to reconnecting with you all soon. Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions at 541-923-1883 or to schedule an appointment. Also keep checking our website ginsburgsmiles.com or our Facebook page as we will continue to update these.
Cheers, Dr. Greg & Dr. Janell Ginsburg